US: Madonna's clothing range expands into Canada
Madonna's 'Material Girl' collection of clothing and accessories was originally launched in Macy's stores, US in August 2010 and will be exclusively available in all 91 Bay in stores in Canada in Spring 2011.
The multi-license agreement to manufacture and distribute the 'Material Girl' collection is part of an international expansion strategy.
Lanie List, chief merchandising officer of Iconix, said: "The creation and launch of the Material Girl brand was a success in the United States and we are thrilled to expand into Canada. HBC is the premier retailer in Canada and we are pleased to partner with them on this exciting expansion endeavor. This is the first in a series of new partnerships we plan on announcing for MG Icon properties."
The 'Material Girl' collection was inspired and designed in collaboration with Madonna and her daughter Lourdes, along with Iconix Brand Group's in-house fashion department.
Madonna is now part of the growing number of celebrities, including Kate Moss, Pixie Lott and Britney Spears launching their own clothing range.
Consumer brand company Iconix Brand Group has taken a majority stake in the Ed Hardy tattoo brand for a total of $62m, including a fee of $55m plus an earn-out sum of $7m. ...
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits. ...
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Is garment compliance fundamentally flawed?
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Under Armour lifts outlook after Q2 revenue hike
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020