US: Madonna's clothing range expands into Canada
Madonna's 'Material Girl' collection of clothing and accessories was originally launched in Macy's stores, US in August 2010 and will be exclusively available in all 91 Bay in stores in Canada in Spring 2011.
The multi-license agreement to manufacture and distribute the 'Material Girl' collection is part of an international expansion strategy.
Lanie List, chief merchandising officer of Iconix, said: "The creation and launch of the Material Girl brand was a success in the United States and we are thrilled to expand into Canada. HBC is the premier retailer in Canada and we are pleased to partner with them on this exciting expansion endeavor. This is the first in a series of new partnerships we plan on announcing for MG Icon properties."
The 'Material Girl' collection was inspired and designed in collaboration with Madonna and her daughter Lourdes, along with Iconix Brand Group's in-house fashion department.
Madonna is now part of the growing number of celebrities, including Kate Moss, Pixie Lott and Britney Spears launching their own clothing range.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Consumer brand company Iconix Brand Group has taken a majority stake in the Ed Hardy tattoo brand for a total of $62m, including a fee of $55m plus an earn-out sum of $7m. ...
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits. ...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022