US: Madonna's clothing range expands into Canada
Madonna's 'Material Girl' collection of clothing and accessories was originally launched in Macy's stores, US in August 2010 and will be exclusively available in all 91 Bay in stores in Canada in Spring 2011.
The multi-license agreement to manufacture and distribute the 'Material Girl' collection is part of an international expansion strategy.
Lanie List, chief merchandising officer of Iconix, said: "The creation and launch of the Material Girl brand was a success in the United States and we are thrilled to expand into Canada. HBC is the premier retailer in Canada and we are pleased to partner with them on this exciting expansion endeavor. This is the first in a series of new partnerships we plan on announcing for MG Icon properties."
The 'Material Girl' collection was inspired and designed in collaboration with Madonna and her daughter Lourdes, along with Iconix Brand Group's in-house fashion department.
Madonna is now part of the growing number of celebrities, including Kate Moss, Pixie Lott and Britney Spears launching their own clothing range.
Consumer brand company Iconix Brand Group has taken a majority stake in the Ed Hardy tattoo brand for a total of $62m, including a fee of $55m plus an earn-out sum of $7m. ...
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits. ...
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- H&M adds transparency to yarn and fabric mills
- Factory strike shows Vietnam worker vulnerability
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Adidas launches "lightest ever" football boot
- Cambodia factories reject labour rights claims
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech