US: Madonna's clothing range expands into Canada
Madonna's 'Material Girl' collection of clothing and accessories was originally launched in Macy's stores, US in August 2010 and will be exclusively available in all 91 Bay in stores in Canada in Spring 2011.
The multi-license agreement to manufacture and distribute the 'Material Girl' collection is part of an international expansion strategy.
Lanie List, chief merchandising officer of Iconix, said: "The creation and launch of the Material Girl brand was a success in the United States and we are thrilled to expand into Canada. HBC is the premier retailer in Canada and we are pleased to partner with them on this exciting expansion endeavor. This is the first in a series of new partnerships we plan on announcing for MG Icon properties."
The 'Material Girl' collection was inspired and designed in collaboration with Madonna and her daughter Lourdes, along with Iconix Brand Group's in-house fashion department.
Madonna is now part of the growing number of celebrities, including Kate Moss, Pixie Lott and Britney Spears launching their own clothing range.
Consumer brand company Iconix Brand Group has taken a majority stake in the Ed Hardy tattoo brand for a total of $62m, including a fee of $55m plus an earn-out sum of $7m. ...
Iconix Brand Group is increasing its forecasts for the full year after a buoyant first quarter which registered strong double-digit increases in sales and profits. ...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)