US: Madonna’s Material Girl line faces trademark battle
The new Material Girl line of clothing designed by Madonna and her daughter Lourdes, and launched at Macy’s stores earlier this month, is facing a trademark battle.
A lawsuit filed last week by California clothing company LA Triumph Inc says it has been selling clothes under its own Material Girl brand since at 1997. And it claims Madonna’s line creates “deception” in the marketplace.
The company wants the singer and her company to hand over profits from the line.
Launched as part of a joint venture deal with Iconix Brand Group, The Material Girl collection includes back-to-school, footwear, handbags and jewellery, priced from US$12 to $40.
US fashion firm Iconix Brand Group has posted improved revenue and profits for the fiscal year, saying its brands had gained market share. ...
Consumer goods business Iconix Brand Group has agreed a licensing deal for its Mossimo brand in India with wholesaler, retailer and distributor Arvind....
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights....
Madonna and Iconix Brand Group has entered into its first international partnership with Hudson's Bay Company (HBC or the 'Bay') to manufacture and distribute its junior brand of 'Material Girl'....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre