US: Madonna’s Material Girl line faces trademark battle
The new Material Girl line of clothing designed by Madonna and her daughter Lourdes, and launched at Macy’s stores earlier this month, is facing a trademark battle.
A lawsuit filed last week by California clothing company LA Triumph Inc says it has been selling clothes under its own Material Girl brand since at 1997. And it claims Madonna’s line creates “deception” in the marketplace.
The company wants the singer and her company to hand over profits from the line.
Launched as part of a joint venture deal with Iconix Brand Group, The Material Girl collection includes back-to-school, footwear, handbags and jewellery, priced from US$12 to $40.
US fashion firm Iconix Brand Group has posted improved revenue and profits for the fiscal year, saying its brands had gained market share. ...
Consumer goods business Iconix Brand Group has agreed a licensing deal for its Mossimo brand in India with wholesaler, retailer and distributor Arvind....
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights....
Madonna and Iconix Brand Group has entered into its first international partnership with Hudson's Bay Company (HBC or the 'Bay') to manufacture and distribute its junior brand of 'Material Girl'....
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Wolverine Worldwide evolves to exceed new demands
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- US cotton prices set for five-year low
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices