US: Madonna’s Material Girl line faces trademark battle
The new Material Girl line of clothing designed by Madonna and her daughter Lourdes, and launched at Macy’s stores earlier this month, is facing a trademark battle.
A lawsuit filed last week by California clothing company LA Triumph Inc says it has been selling clothes under its own Material Girl brand since at 1997. And it claims Madonna’s line creates “deception” in the marketplace.
The company wants the singer and her company to hand over profits from the line.
Launched as part of a joint venture deal with Iconix Brand Group, The Material Girl collection includes back-to-school, footwear, handbags and jewellery, priced from US$12 to $40.
US fashion firm Iconix Brand Group has posted improved revenue and profits for the fiscal year, saying its brands had gained market share. ...
Consumer goods business Iconix Brand Group has agreed a licensing deal for its Mossimo brand in India with wholesaler, retailer and distributor Arvind....
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights....
Madonna and Iconix Brand Group has entered into its first international partnership with Hudson's Bay Company (HBC or the 'Bay') to manufacture and distribute its junior brand of 'Material Girl'....
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange