INDIA: Madura Mulls Offshore Production
"We are currently weighing all options of setting up garment manufacturing facilities oversees," confirmed Prakash Nedungadi, Madura Garments' chief executive officer and president. "Ideally speaking, it makes sense for us to set up production base abroad as currently we are exporting the garments to foreign countries from India."
However, he added that no formal decision has been made.
Coats Viyella Plc last year sold Madura Garments the global rights for the three brands - Louis Philippe and Allen Solly (except North America) and Peter England (except the UK and Ireland). Madura also owns the rights for Van Heusen and Byford in the Middle East, and has developed its own in-house label, San Frisco.
Companies: PVH Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Phillips-Van Heusen nearly doubled net income in 2005 to US$111.7m, compared to $58.6m in 2004....
Phillips-Van Heusen has named Allen Sirkin as its new president and chief operating officer following the appointment of Emanuel Chirico to the chief executive officer post in February....
Apparel company Phillips-Van Heusen has named Emanuel Chirico as its new chief executive officer, replacing Mark Weber, who had been in the job for just eight months. The company also raised 2005 and ...
Apparel company Phillips-Van Heusen has increased its revenue and earnings guidance for the fourth quarter and financial year 2005 after good Christmas trading....
Apparel maker Phillips-Van Heusen has posted a 51 per cent hike in third-quarter profit, on better sales of men's sportswear and dress shirts....
Fashion brand Calvin Klein Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of apparel group Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, has signed a deal with Fingen SpA to make and distribute the Calvin Klein Collection brand w...
Calvin Klein Inc has signed a licensing agreement with G-III Apparel Group Ltd for women's better suits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report