US: Maidenform agrees license deal with Donna Karan
Intimate apparel firm Maidenform Brands has signed a global licensing agreement with Donna Karan International to design, source and market women's intimate apparel under the Donna Karan and DKNY brands.
The agreement is effective immediately but financial terms were not disclosed.
The products involved will be distributed worldwide principally in high-end department and specialty stores from the beginning of 2009, a statement said.
Thomas J Ward, chief executive officer of Maidenform said the deal "allows us to penetrate new channels of distribution and provides us with another method to drive additional sales growth in the future."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Intimate apparel maker Maidenform Brands Inc has hired Patrick J Burns from the Kellwood Company to the new role of executive vice president of sales and marketing....
A strong performance from its fashion and leather goods businesses helped luxury goods giant LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton to post a double-digit sales rise for the first nine months of the year....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Disappointing sales of its intimate apparel lines in department stores and national chain stores have pushed Maidenform Brands Inc to a 17.9% drop in second quarter profit and forced it to cut its out...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar