US: Maidenform appoints Robinson as president
US lingerie maker Maidenform has appointed Malcolm Robinson as president, effective immediately.
He will be responsible for the company's domestic sales, direct to consumer, marketing, design, product development and merchandising deparments.
He joints the company from PVH where he was group president, wholesale sportswear - a position he has held since 2000. He was responsible for the Izod, Arrow, Van Heusen, Timberland and Geoffrey Beene brands.
"We are very excited that Malcolm is joining Maidenform. He is a highly seasoned retail executive, with over 25 years experience in the apparel industry. We look forward to his contributions in a broad range of decisions as we move the company forward," said CEO Maurice Reznik.
Maidenform yesterday (9 November) reported "disappointing" sales for the third-quarter, with net income down 20.5% to US$10.2m despite sales increasing 10.6% to US$148.2m over the period.
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo Limited (ABNL) is to acquire a controlling stake in the flagship Pantaloons fashion chain, which is being spun off by Future Group's Pantaloon Retail India unit i...
Top stories on just-style last week included the numbers of retailers collapsing into administration increased by 15%, JCPenney cutting 600 jobs at its headquarters and 48 apparel brands and retailers...
One of the largest global apparel companies with brands including Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, Izod, Arrow and Bass, PVH Corp is to evaluate the use of the new Crailar fibre in its dress ...
PVH recorded a jump in fourth-quarter net income, driven by strong sales growth in its Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands. ...
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 March) revealed plans to commit $1m to improving conditions in Bangladesh's garment factories - as an ABC News report prepares to criticise it for continuing to source...
Industry veteran Marty Staff, most recently chief business development officer for American Apparel, is joining Harbor Footwear Group as a consultant....
Maidenform has swung to a fourth-quarter loss as margins were hit by product discontinuations and other costs....
South Africa's largest apparel and textile maker, Seardel Investment Corporation Limited, may cut as many as 1,500 jobs at its operations in Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal as part of efforts to narrow...
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry