US: Maidenform Q1 profit boosted by sales surge
- Q1 profit up 19.8% to US$14.5m
- Sales up 14.5% to $163.6m
- Expects continued FY sales growth
A ninth consecutive quarter of sales rises helped intimate apparel company Maidenform Brands to increase its first quarter profit by nearly 20%.
The results prompted the US company to predict full-year sales growth in the upper single digits over 2010, with forecast earnings per share of $2.15, versus $1.94 last year.
“These results complete our ninth consecutive quarter of increased sales for Maidenform, a trend we intend to continue as we leverage our products globally to extend the reach of our brands deliver profitable growth for our shareholders,” said Maurice Reznik, Maidenform CEO.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US lingerie maker Maidenform has appointed Malcolm Robinson as president, effective immediately....
Intimate apparel maker Maidenform Brands Inc lost almost a quarter of its share value today as it recorded a sharp decline in third-quarter earnings and cut its full-year forecasts....
Intimate apparel maker Maidenform Brands Inc has hired Phillips Van Heusen executive Malcolm Robinson as its new president, effective immediately....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022