US: Maidenform taps Malcolm Robinson as president
In this role, Robinson will be responsible for the company's domestic sales, direct to consumer, marketing, design, product development and merchandising departments.
"We are very excited that Malcolm is joining Maidenform. He is a highly seasoned retail executive, with over 25 years experience in the apparel industry," said CEO Maurice Reznik. "We look forward to his contributions in a broad range of decisions as we move the company forward."
As group president, wholesale sportswear at Phillips Van Heusen, Robinson oversaw the Izod, Arrow, Van Heusen, Timberland and Geoffrey Beene brands.
As well as its namesake line, Maidenform's brands include Flexees, Lilyette, Luleh, Bodymates, Inspirations, and Sweet Nothings.
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo Limited (ABNL) is to acquire a controlling stake in the flagship Pantaloons fashion chain, which is being spun off by Future Group's Pantaloon Retail India unit i...
Top stories on just-style last week included the numbers of retailers collapsing into administration increased by 15%, JCPenney cutting 600 jobs at its headquarters and 48 apparel brands and retailers...
One of the largest global apparel companies with brands including Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, Izod, Arrow and Bass, PVH Corp is to evaluate the use of the new Crailar fibre in its dress ...
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 March) revealed plans to commit $1m to improving conditions in Bangladesh's garment factories - as an ABC News report prepares to criticise it for continuing to source...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019