US: Maidenform taps Malcolm Robinson as president
In this role, Robinson will be responsible for the company's domestic sales, direct to consumer, marketing, design, product development and merchandising departments.
"We are very excited that Malcolm is joining Maidenform. He is a highly seasoned retail executive, with over 25 years experience in the apparel industry," said CEO Maurice Reznik. "We look forward to his contributions in a broad range of decisions as we move the company forward."
As group president, wholesale sportswear at Phillips Van Heusen, Robinson oversaw the Izod, Arrow, Van Heusen, Timberland and Geoffrey Beene brands.
As well as its namesake line, Maidenform's brands include Flexees, Lilyette, Luleh, Bodymates, Inspirations, and Sweet Nothings.
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo Limited (ABNL) is to acquire a controlling stake in the flagship Pantaloons fashion chain, which is being spun off by Future Group's Pantaloon Retail India unit i...
Top stories on just-style last week included the numbers of retailers collapsing into administration increased by 15%, JCPenney cutting 600 jobs at its headquarters and 48 apparel brands and retailers...
One of the largest global apparel companies with brands including Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, Izod, Arrow and Bass, PVH Corp is to evaluate the use of the new Crailar fibre in its dress ...
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 March) revealed plans to commit $1m to improving conditions in Bangladesh's garment factories - as an ABC News report prepares to criticise it for continuing to source...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015