US: Maidenform taps Malcolm Robinson as president
In this role, Robinson will be responsible for the company's domestic sales, direct to consumer, marketing, design, product development and merchandising departments.
"We are very excited that Malcolm is joining Maidenform. He is a highly seasoned retail executive, with over 25 years experience in the apparel industry," said CEO Maurice Reznik. "We look forward to his contributions in a broad range of decisions as we move the company forward."
As group president, wholesale sportswear at Phillips Van Heusen, Robinson oversaw the Izod, Arrow, Van Heusen, Timberland and Geoffrey Beene brands.
As well as its namesake line, Maidenform's brands include Flexees, Lilyette, Luleh, Bodymates, Inspirations, and Sweet Nothings.
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo Limited (ABNL) is to acquire a controlling stake in the flagship Pantaloons fashion chain, which is being spun off by Future Group's Pantaloon Retail India unit i...
Top stories on just-style last week included the numbers of retailers collapsing into administration increased by 15%, JCPenney cutting 600 jobs at its headquarters and 48 apparel brands and retailers...
One of the largest global apparel companies with brands including Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, Izod, Arrow and Bass, PVH Corp is to evaluate the use of the new Crailar fibre in its dress ...
Apparel maker PVH Corp today (21 March) revealed plans to commit $1m to improving conditions in Bangladesh's garment factories - as an ABC News report prepares to criticise it for continuing to source...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects