MEXICO: Major Apparel Trade Centre To Open This Month
A major textiles and clothing marketing and commercial centre is set to open in El Taray, in the Mexican state of Aguascalientes on August 26,the Apparel Industry Internacional said today. It is hoped that it will become the second most important such centre in central Mexico and that it will form the core of a new industrial zone. The 500m peso ($53.6m) commercial center will provide a platform for textiles and clothing producers and retailers to conduct direct transactions, eliminating the need for intermediaries. During the next phase of operations, the El Taray Textile Macro-Plaza will have 568 storefronts, along with parking for buses, trucks and smaller vehicles. "In essence, the centre will function as a huge exhibition hall, with textiles and clothing manufacturers displaying samples of their wares to wholesale and retail representatives," said centre promoter José Enrique Ortiz Hernández.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022