MEXICO: Major Apparel Trade Centre To Open This Month
A major textiles and clothing marketing and commercial centre is set to open in El Taray, in the Mexican state of Aguascalientes on August 26,the Apparel Industry Internacional said today. It is hoped that it will become the second most important such centre in central Mexico and that it will form the core of a new industrial zone. The 500m peso ($53.6m) commercial center will provide a platform for textiles and clothing producers and retailers to conduct direct transactions, eliminating the need for intermediaries. During the next phase of operations, the El Taray Textile Macro-Plaza will have 568 storefronts, along with parking for buses, trucks and smaller vehicles. "In essence, the centre will function as a huge exhibition hall, with textiles and clothing manufacturers displaying samples of their wares to wholesale and retail representatives," said centre promoter José Enrique Ortiz Hernández.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack