MEXICO: Major Apparel Trade Centre To Open This Month
A major textiles and clothing marketing and commercial centre is set to open in El Taray, in the Mexican state of Aguascalientes on August 26,the Apparel Industry Internacional said today. It is hoped that it will become the second most important such centre in central Mexico and that it will form the core of a new industrial zone. The 500m peso ($53.6m) commercial center will provide a platform for textiles and clothing producers and retailers to conduct direct transactions, eliminating the need for intermediaries. During the next phase of operations, the El Taray Textile Macro-Plaza will have 568 storefronts, along with parking for buses, trucks and smaller vehicles. "In essence, the centre will function as a huge exhibition hall, with textiles and clothing manufacturers displaying samples of their wares to wholesale and retail representatives," said centre promoter José Enrique Ortiz Hernández.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020