MEXICO: Major Apparel Trade Centre To Open This Month
A major textiles and clothing marketing and commercial centre is set to open in El Taray, in the Mexican state of Aguascalientes on August 26,the Apparel Industry Internacional said today. It is hoped that it will become the second most important such centre in central Mexico and that it will form the core of a new industrial zone. The 500m peso ($53.6m) commercial center will provide a platform for textiles and clothing producers and retailers to conduct direct transactions, eliminating the need for intermediaries. During the next phase of operations, the El Taray Textile Macro-Plaza will have 568 storefronts, along with parking for buses, trucks and smaller vehicles. "In essence, the centre will function as a huge exhibition hall, with textiles and clothing manufacturers displaying samples of their wares to wholesale and retail representatives," said centre promoter José Enrique Ortiz Hernández.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022