MEXICO: Major Apparel Trade Centre To Open This Month
A major textiles and clothing marketing and commercial centre is set to open in El Taray, in the Mexican state of Aguascalientes on August 26,the Apparel Industry Internacional said today. It is hoped that it will become the second most important such centre in central Mexico and that it will form the core of a new industrial zone. The 500m peso ($53.6m) commercial center will provide a platform for textiles and clothing producers and retailers to conduct direct transactions, eliminating the need for intermediaries. During the next phase of operations, the El Taray Textile Macro-Plaza will have 568 storefronts, along with parking for buses, trucks and smaller vehicles. "In essence, the centre will function as a huge exhibition hall, with textiles and clothing manufacturers displaying samples of their wares to wholesale and retail representatives," said centre promoter José Enrique Ortiz Hernández.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores