‘Making it better’ the focus for next IAF convention
From left to right: Cem Altan, Istanbul Textile and Apparel Exporters Association (IHKIB); Hikmet Tanriverdi, IHKIB; Rahul Mehta, IAF; Seref Fayat, TGSD; Murat Aydin, TGSD
The International Apparel Federation (IAF) has announced first details of this year's World Fashion Convention, which will highlight the developments that are rejuvenating and strengthening the fashion industry.
Taking place in Istanbul, Turkey, from 14-15 October, alongside the 8th Istanbul Fashion Conference, the 31st annual convention will look at investments in local skills, investments in corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability, in products, in supply chain management and in marketing.
The industry faces multiple challenges that combine to create downward pressure on the value perception of clothing by consumers.
"IAF is creating bridges between continents,” said president Rahul Mehta.
With manufacturers, retailers, brands, solution providers and associations working together to improve the fashion industry, Mehta added: “That is why we are hosting this year’s convention in Istanbul, close to the bridge that is literally connecting the continents.”
Seref Fayat, president of the Turkish Clothing Manufacturers' Association (TGSD), added: “I think this global event will send a very strong positive message. We will bring brands and Turkish manufacturers together and take great steps to improve the potential for cooperation.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack