USA: Malden Launches Flame-Resistant Fleeces
Malden Mills launched its Polartec Thermal-FR flame-resistant fleece fabrics at the National Safety Council Congress & Expo 2000 in Orlando recently. The launch was announced in conjunction with Workrite, a market leader in flame resistant uniforms and specialty protective garments for 25 years, and the first manufacturer to adopt Polartec Thermal-FR fabric. Polartec Thermal-FR fabrics are made with DuPont's inherently flame-resistant Nomex - they will not melt or drip under intense heat. Identical to Malden Mills' benchmark Polartec 200 Series fabrics, with the added benefit of flame resistant technology, these durable fabrics are non-pilling and maintain their insulating ability after repeated laundering. "Malden Mills has long been known for developing high-performance fabrics which create new markets for the industry while assuring optimum performance and comfort for the user," David Costello, director of product marketing and specialty fabrics at Malden Mills, said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar