USA: Malden Launches Flame-Resistant Fleeces
Malden Mills launched its Polartec Thermal-FR flame-resistant fleece fabrics at the National Safety Council Congress & Expo 2000 in Orlando recently. The launch was announced in conjunction with Workrite, a market leader in flame resistant uniforms and specialty protective garments for 25 years, and the first manufacturer to adopt Polartec Thermal-FR fabric. Polartec Thermal-FR fabrics are made with DuPont's inherently flame-resistant Nomex - they will not melt or drip under intense heat. Identical to Malden Mills' benchmark Polartec 200 Series fabrics, with the added benefit of flame resistant technology, these durable fabrics are non-pilling and maintain their insulating ability after repeated laundering. "Malden Mills has long been known for developing high-performance fabrics which create new markets for the industry while assuring optimum performance and comfort for the user," David Costello, director of product marketing and specialty fabrics at Malden Mills, said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective