USA: Malden Launches Flame-Resistant Fleeces
Malden Mills launched its Polartec Thermal-FR flame-resistant fleece fabrics at the National Safety Council Congress & Expo 2000 in Orlando recently. The launch was announced in conjunction with Workrite, a market leader in flame resistant uniforms and specialty protective garments for 25 years, and the first manufacturer to adopt Polartec Thermal-FR fabric. Polartec Thermal-FR fabrics are made with DuPont's inherently flame-resistant Nomex - they will not melt or drip under intense heat. Identical to Malden Mills' benchmark Polartec 200 Series fabrics, with the added benefit of flame resistant technology, these durable fabrics are non-pilling and maintain their insulating ability after repeated laundering. "Malden Mills has long been known for developing high-performance fabrics which create new markets for the industry while assuring optimum performance and comfort for the user," David Costello, director of product marketing and specialty fabrics at Malden Mills, said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022