USA: Malden Launches Flame-Resistant Fleeces
Malden Mills launched its Polartec Thermal-FR flame-resistant fleece fabrics at the National Safety Council Congress & Expo 2000 in Orlando recently. The launch was announced in conjunction with Workrite, a market leader in flame resistant uniforms and specialty protective garments for 25 years, and the first manufacturer to adopt Polartec Thermal-FR fabric. Polartec Thermal-FR fabrics are made with DuPont's inherently flame-resistant Nomex - they will not melt or drip under intense heat. Identical to Malden Mills' benchmark Polartec 200 Series fabrics, with the added benefit of flame resistant technology, these durable fabrics are non-pilling and maintain their insulating ability after repeated laundering. "Malden Mills has long been known for developing high-performance fabrics which create new markets for the industry while assuring optimum performance and comfort for the user," David Costello, director of product marketing and specialty fabrics at Malden Mills, said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020