USA: Malden Mills Explores Polartec Production In China
Bankrupt Malden Mills Industries Inc is seeking court approval to make and sell its Polartec synthetic fleece in the Far East. According to a recent filing in US Bankruptcy Court, the firm wants to enter a licensing and manufacturing contract with Shanghai Challenge Textiles and open an office in Hong Kong to oversee the venture.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth