USA: Management Change Announced At The North Face
The North Face, which has recently been acquired by VF Corporation (NYSE: VFC), announced today that Geoffrey Lurie, chief executive officer of The North Face, will step down from his current position. Karl Heinz Salzburger, president of The North Face, will be responsible for running all The North Face operations both here in the US and abroad.Commented Mackey J. McDonald, VF president and chief executive officer: "Geoff has accomplished what he set out to do; namely, develop and implement a solid turnaround strategy for The North Face. Through his efforts and those of the entire North Face team, the company is in an excellent position to take advantage of the terrific growth opportunities offered by this premier brand." Mr McDonald added, "We look forward to working with Geoff on other new business endeavors that VF may pursue. At the same time, we are fortunate to have an executive of Karl Heinz's caliber with the leadership skills that will help us achieve our aggressive growth plans for The North Face brand. Karl Heinz has a strong management team in place, and we will be working with him to identify and provide additional senior level talent, both from within and outside the North Face, that will help us drive the future growth of the business."Headquartered in San Leandro, California, The North Face was founded in 1966. Today, The North Face offers the most technically advanced products in the market to accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers and explorers. The company's products are sold in specialty mountaineering, backpacking and skiing retailers, premium-sporting goods retailers and major outdoor specialty retail chains. Additional information about The North Face can be found on the brand's website,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report