SPAIN: Mango set to take Poland by storm
Spanish women's apparel chain Mango plans to open 40 stores in Poland by 2011 to make it its second-biggest market in Eastern Europe, a company spokesman told just-style.
The Barcelona-based chain, which is fast expanding around the world, has struck a commercial deal with its Polish franchise operator Ultimate Fashion Sp Zoo to roll out the outlets. Mango will close 2005 with six shops in Poland.
The chain hopes to open a new store in Warsaw in mid-December, the spokesman said, adding that Mango opened shop in Katowice earlier this month.
Since entering Poland in 2001, Mango has opened four stores on the market. The spokesman said "we are very happy", commenting on the company's performance there.
Poland is a promising market for Mango because of its similarity to Spain.
"It has around 40m people and has important cities spread across the country where we can expand. Plus, we have found great locations for the future stores," she said.
Mango has 27 shops in Russia and its expansion pace there will be even more aggressive than in Poland, the spokesman added.
Mango is heavily present in Eastern Europe with stores dotted across most countries. The region accounted for roughly 10% of last year's €1.05bn (US$1.24bn) in global sales.
By Ivan Castano
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
They are stylish, young Far-Eastern fashion designers and they are helping to seal the fate of European and US apparel makers. Only these particular designers are employed not to come up with original...
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Spanish fashion chain Mango is opening eight new outlets in Mexico this year, Latin American News Digest reported....
Mango, the fast-growing Spanish women's fashion chain, intends to open 100 stores this year when it forecasts revenues will rise 5% to EUR1.2bn (US$1.4bn)....
Spanish fashion retailer Mango is to use Lectra's product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to help develop, manage and control its collections....
Spain's airport authority Aena has awarded Zara and Mango a concession to exploit more than 1,200m2 of retail space at Madrid Barajas' new international terminal, just-style has learned....
Spanish fashion chain Cortefiel is considering launching Springfield Women to gain scale against archrivals Zara, Mango, Sfera and H&M, Spanish newspaper Cinco Dias reported....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020