SPAIN: Mango signs US designer Adam Lippes for collection
Spanish fashion firm Mango is to collaborate with American designer Adam Lippes, a former creative director of Óscar de la Renta, to produce two collections for women and men.
The collections, for spring/summer 09 and autumn/winter 09/10, will go on sale in Mango stores around the world, and will include jeans, outer garments, T-shirts, trousers, dresses and accessories.
With these collections, which will be sold under the name 'Adam for Mango,' the designer aims to gain an international reputation alongside Mango, which already has 1,099 stores in 89 countries.
During 2007, Mango opened 152 stores throughout the world, ten in Spain and 142 abroad.
It also consolidated its position in various countries in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Asia (China in particular) and the United States, and entered new markets, such as Kosovo.
In 2008, it will open stores in Algeria, Belarus and Georgia for the first time. The firm is planning to open more than 180 stores in cities such as Casablanca, Manchester, San Francisco, Vienna and Zurich.
Adolfo Dominguez, Spain's fourth-largest fashion retailer, has posted a 71% drop in fiscal first quarter profits to EUR1.2m (US$1.9m) and said it will curb its international expansion....
Spanish clothing chain Mango, which has sold women's clothes for 24 years, says it is ready to tackle the men's wear market with gusto....
Spanish fashion retailer Mango is to enter the Iranian and Iraqi markets at the end of this year as it continues to consolidate its presence in the international markets....
Mango, the fast-growing Spanish women's fashion chain, continues to expand globally with recent store openings in Hong Kong, Azerbaijan, the US, and Western Europe, the company announced in a statemen...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack