SPAIN: Mango to open eight US shops, New York flagship
Spanish women's fashion chain Mango will open its US flagship store in New York's Soho quarter in the second half of 2007 and hopes to ring in the New Year with a total of eight US stores, just-style was told on Tuesday (September 19).
The 8,0000-sq-ft Soho shop will be located in Soho's historical Singer Building.
"It will also be one of our flagship shops in the world along with Prague and London," a Mango spokesman said.
Moreover, the company revealed that it opened its first US outlet in Costa Mesa, California, on 20 May.
Mango's Costa Mesa outlet measures 4,300 sq ft and is located in the city's South Coast Plaza mall.
The spokesman revealed that the company also rolled out a 4,300-sq-ft shop in Seattle, Washington, on 18 August and that it will open a new 3,200 shop in San Juan, Puerto Rico in early October.
Regarding its much-ballyhooed opening in Los Angeles, which was expected to mark the chain's US arrival, the spokesman said the venture has been delayed because of undisclosed reasons. He said the company hopes to open the store (in the Santa Monica Promenade shopping strip) by year end.
Mango's US expansion will focus mostly on the East and West Coast, the spokesman said.
He added that the chain continues to look for opportunities to mushroom up in Canada, where it has six stores, but that it has no plans to open further outlets this year.
By Ivan Castano.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Delivering a fashion collection on time and to budget is an increasingly difficult challenge. Factor in a complex international environment, and sourcing the finished product has the potential to be a...
Spain's Mango has reported a 9.8% hike in 2006 sales to EUR1.3bn (US$1.7bn), boosted by its aggressive global expansion which saw it open 130 shops last year, the company announced on Tuesday (6 March...
Spanish women's fashion chain Mango, which is fast becoming a fixture on the world's high streets, intends to open four new stores in China this year, a company spokeswoman told just-style....
Footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource will lay off up to 550 workers when it closes its 850-sq-ft distribution centre in Topeka and opens up a second new one east of the Mississippi river....
Sports goods firm Puma has signed a long-term partnership deal with the Moroccan Royal Football Federation to be the official supplier to the country's national team, Lions de l'Atlas....
Vista Global Brands has appointed ex-Gant sales manager Nicholas Bianchini to VP of sales for its licensed Born Menswear line....
Footwear firm Crocs has announced a deal to buy outdoor shoe company Ocean Minded and also said it signed a deal with Nickelodeon for a line of limited-edition footwear....
Spanish women's wear chain Mango is planning to extend its 'Mango Touch' accessories store concept to France....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022