UK: Manufacturers at high risk of failure according to new report
One in every three clothing manufacturing companies is at high risk of failure according to the latest spring 2000 publication from Plimsoll Publishing Ltd . The report, titled 'The Plimsoll Portfolio Analysis: Clothing Manufacturers' individually analyses 1986 UK-based companies and places each into one of five ratings from 'strong' through to 'danger' based on their financial performance over the past five years.The model on which the report is based aims to help companies avoid failure by identifying the early warning signs that are shaped in a company's accounts over a period of time. The research not only suggests that a company could take several years to fail, but also defines success, and highlights opportunities as far as competitive pressure or acquisitions are concerned.Around a third of the industry will need to make some tough decisions to avoid sinking and swim on into next year the report concludes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective