UK: Manufacturers at high risk of failure according to new report
One in every three clothing manufacturing companies is at high risk of failure according to the latest spring 2000 publication from Plimsoll Publishing Ltd . The report, titled 'The Plimsoll Portfolio Analysis: Clothing Manufacturers' individually analyses 1986 UK-based companies and places each into one of five ratings from 'strong' through to 'danger' based on their financial performance over the past five years.The model on which the report is based aims to help companies avoid failure by identifying the early warning signs that are shaped in a company's accounts over a period of time. The research not only suggests that a company could take several years to fail, but also defines success, and highlights opportunities as far as competitive pressure or acquisitions are concerned.Around a third of the industry will need to make some tough decisions to avoid sinking and swim on into next year the report concludes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020