UK: Manufacturers at high risk of failure according to new report
One in every three clothing manufacturing companies is at high risk of failure according to the latest spring 2000 publication from Plimsoll Publishing Ltd . The report, titled 'The Plimsoll Portfolio Analysis: Clothing Manufacturers' individually analyses 1986 UK-based companies and places each into one of five ratings from 'strong' through to 'danger' based on their financial performance over the past five years.The model on which the report is based aims to help companies avoid failure by identifying the early warning signs that are shaped in a company's accounts over a period of time. The research not only suggests that a company could take several years to fail, but also defines success, and highlights opportunities as far as competitive pressure or acquisitions are concerned.Around a third of the industry will need to make some tough decisions to avoid sinking and swim on into next year the report concludes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022