UK: Manufacturers at high risk of failure according to new report
One in every three clothing manufacturing companies is at high risk of failure according to the latest spring 2000 publication from Plimsoll Publishing Ltd . The report, titled 'The Plimsoll Portfolio Analysis: Clothing Manufacturers' individually analyses 1986 UK-based companies and places each into one of five ratings from 'strong' through to 'danger' based on their financial performance over the past five years.The model on which the report is based aims to help companies avoid failure by identifying the early warning signs that are shaped in a company's accounts over a period of time. The research not only suggests that a company could take several years to fail, but also defines success, and highlights opportunities as far as competitive pressure or acquisitions are concerned.Around a third of the industry will need to make some tough decisions to avoid sinking and swim on into next year the report concludes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022