USA: Manugistics Wins K-Swiss Supply Chain Deal
K-Swiss, Inc (Nasdaq: KSWS - news), the athletic footwear and branded apparel company, has chosen Manugistics' eBusiness solutions to improve its asset utilization, it was announced at Manugistics' enVISION2000 conference today."K-Swiss joins a growing roster of leading apparel, footwear and textiles (AFT) clients turning to Manugistics for competitive advantage," said Greg Owens, Manugistics' president and CEO. "Manugistics' intelligent eBusiness solutions are designed to manage the complex challenges of the AFT industry, helping companies increase velocity, improve visibility and potentially decrease costs."Manugistics NetWORKS will simultaneously balance materials, capacity, inventory, transportation and distribution constraints across K-Swiss' global supplier network of independent contractors to produce a more effective manufacturing plan. Additionally, NetWORKS will enable K-Swiss to more accurately predict customer demand by using life-cycle management, market events and retail point-of-sale data."After a very rigorous selection process involving best-of-breed supply chain providers, we concluded that Manugistics was the best choice," said Steven Nichols, CEO of K-Swiss, Inc. Edward Flora, vice president of operations at K-Swiss, continued: "Manugistics will help enable us to execute proactive planning solutions and exception management rather than searching for and reacting to problems. Their constraint-based optimization engines are key to realizing our global competitiveness. Additionally, we will become better partners with our contracted factories, and provide more timely and reliable information to our third-party suppliers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective