USA: Manugistics Wins K-Swiss Supply Chain Deal
K-Swiss, Inc (Nasdaq: KSWS - news), the athletic footwear and branded apparel company, has chosen Manugistics' eBusiness solutions to improve its asset utilization, it was announced at Manugistics' enVISION2000 conference today."K-Swiss joins a growing roster of leading apparel, footwear and textiles (AFT) clients turning to Manugistics for competitive advantage," said Greg Owens, Manugistics' president and CEO. "Manugistics' intelligent eBusiness solutions are designed to manage the complex challenges of the AFT industry, helping companies increase velocity, improve visibility and potentially decrease costs."Manugistics NetWORKS will simultaneously balance materials, capacity, inventory, transportation and distribution constraints across K-Swiss' global supplier network of independent contractors to produce a more effective manufacturing plan. Additionally, NetWORKS will enable K-Swiss to more accurately predict customer demand by using life-cycle management, market events and retail point-of-sale data."After a very rigorous selection process involving best-of-breed supply chain providers, we concluded that Manugistics was the best choice," said Steven Nichols, CEO of K-Swiss, Inc. Edward Flora, vice president of operations at K-Swiss, continued: "Manugistics will help enable us to execute proactive planning solutions and exception management rather than searching for and reacting to problems. Their constraint-based optimization engines are key to realizing our global competitiveness. Additionally, we will become better partners with our contracted factories, and provide more timely and reliable information to our third-party suppliers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020