CANADA: Maple Lake expands with Satori Planning buy
Retail software specialist Maple Lake plans to increase its presence in Australia and the Pacific Rim after completing a deal to acquire Satori Planning Pty, its former distributor in the region.
The deal, for an undisclosed sum, incorporates the whole of the Australian and Pacific Rim operations under the Maple Lake Group, and provides the company with global accessibility and round the clock access.
"The acquisition of Satori is of strategic importance to Maple Lake and our customers," explains Mark Stone, Maple Lake CEO.
"Our client base has grown from a North American-centric base to a truly global environment with customers operating planning environments 24/7. The addition of in-house resources in the southern hemisphere really strengthens our commitment to both that territory as well as our global customers."
"This acquisition is a great way for us to improve support for existing clients and simultaneously increase the bandwidth to sign new clients," adds Chris Fegan, president of Satori Planning Pty.
Maple Lake's assortment planning and allocation solutions are used worldwide by companies such as Levi Strauss, Aeropostale, and The Arcadia Group to plan and manage inventory levels and optimise margins.
Audit fatigue among many clothing suppliers has prompted firms like Nike and Levi Strauss to adopt new strategies for driving standards among manufacturers. This is just one of the responses to what M...
Some 2,850 pairs of counterfeit jeans, worth an estimated US$193,800, have been seized in Laredo, Texas by US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) import specialists and officers....
UK fashion retailer Arcadia Group, operator of the Topshop, Burton and Dorothy Perkins stores, has named Richard Price, Marks & Spencer's trading director for men's wear, as managing director of its B...
Business leaders from 45 companies, including Levi Strauss and H&M, have committed to improve their water management practices and are calling on governments to step up their efforts to tackle the glo...
The most read stories on just-style this week included the latest Flanarant on "Offshoring 3.0", a story on which towns will pilot Mary Portas' high street recommendations, and H&M's plans to increase...
US clothing retailer American Eagle Outfitters has appointed Mary Boland as EVP, chief financial and administrative officer. ...
Levi Strauss & Co has appointed James Curleigh as president and executive vice president of the denim company's namesake brand....
Top stories on just-style this week include analysts' views on M&S reporting a 0.2% rise in clothing sales during its first quarter, American Eagle Outfitters looking to sell off part or all of its ch...
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report