USA: Marc T. Giles To Take Lead At Gerber Technology
Gerber Scientific today announced the appointment of Marc T. Giles to the position of president, Gerber Technology, the company's apparel and flexible materials business, effective November 29, 2000. Fredric K. Rosen, who led Gerber Technology for the past 12 years, becomes chairman of the subsidiary and will help Giles during a transitional period. Both Mr Rosen and Mr Giles will report directly to Gerber Scientific chairman and chief executive officer, Michael J. Cheshire.Giles comes to Gerber from FMC Corp, a $4bn per year producer of machinery and chemicals for industry and agriculture. During his 12-year tenure with FMC, he held a number of senior positions in sales and marketing management, strategy development, and mergers and acquisitions. Most recently he was division manager, food systems and handling. In this capacity, he integrated four separate businesses, built a new management team, and restructured the division, forming strategic alliances with international and domestic firms to foster growth, increase sales, and improve profitability. "Marc Giles is a performance-driven executive with strong leadership and strategic skills," stated Cheshire. "His proven ability to launch and build new ventures based on creative, yet solid, business strategies makes him a terrific addition to Gerber's senior management team. We're delighted to have him on board.""Fred Rosen made many important contributions, including a number of acquisitions that positioned Gerber Technology as the world leader in the design and production of apparel and flexible materials. Fred's continued involvement will ensure a smooth management transition," Cheshire said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar