UK: Marchpole Accuses Boateng Of Breach Of Contract
Clothing group Marchpole Holdings Plc, which is behind the Yves St Laurent and Jasper Conran men's wear labels, has started legal proceedings against fashion designer Ozwald Boateng and his company Bespoke Couture Limited for an alleged breach of contract.
The allegation relates to the contract for a licensed Boateng diffusion range produced by Marchpole subsidiary Artpower Limited.
According to Marchpole, the designer should have ended an agreement to sell his O-Z branded clothing through Debenhams when the Marchpole range went on sale a year ago. Instead, the O-Z clothing is said to have remained on sale, which undermined Marchpole's profits.
The directors at Bespoke Couture Limited maintain that both Marchpole and Artpower Limited have fulfilled the obligations under the licensing deal.
Companies: Debenhams Plc
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
Thai Garment Export Co Ltd is Thailand's largest clothing producer. It turns over an FOB value of US$170 million a year and employs 9,500 people. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong based...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Department store chain Debenhams has reported a 123 per cent hike in annual profit and said it is optimistic on future growth....
Fashion designer Ozwald Boateng and his company Bespoke Couture have won a drawn-out court battle with Marchpole Holdings over a licensed diffusion line....
The ex-boss of collapsed department store chain Allders is in discussions to take over the lead of supermarket giant Tesco's clothing division, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper....
Upmarket department store Liberty has announced the banning of fur items from its store following mounting pressure from animal rights campaigners....
Department store operator Debenhams is planning to grow its business into India, and is also considering expanding into the Chinese market....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020