UK: Marchpole's year off to good start
Brand management firm Marchpole said it saw a good start to the financial year, with increased turnover and operating profit and a strong forward order book.
"In line with our strategy, the company continues to evolve from a single-brand, single country business to a diversified, international business with a portfolio of brands," said chairman Christopher Phillips.
"We have significantly extended our global reach and now operate in the UK, Europe, Asia, the US and the Middle East," he added.
Marchpole said the integration of acquisition Moda America had been successful and that it was immediately accretive to earnings.
Brand management firm Marchpole said it plans to buy ladies' shoe company Greenmark Ltd for GBP3m (US$5.86m)....
Apparel firm Marchpole is close to announcing another acquisition, said chairman Christopher Phillips, as the company announced a first-half profit increase....
Fashion brand manager Marchpole Holdings said it has won a court case against fashion designer Ozwald Boateng, overturning an earlier ruling....
Brand manager Marchpole Holdings has agreed to buy luxury clothing company Homebody Limited as part of its growth strategy and has also signed a distribution deal for the United Arab Emirates (UAE)....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores