USA: Margin Pressures See United Retail Fall Into Q2 Loss
Specialty retailer of plus-size women's fashion apparel and footwear, United Retail Group Inc, made a net loss of $4.6 million in the second quarter as pressure on margins and higher costs took their toll on earnings. The New Jersey-based operator of 551 Avenue stores said that a six per cent rise in sales to $113.7m was more than offset by pressure on margins due to significant promotional activity and higher than anticipated expenses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores