ITALY: Mariah Carey to be new face of 'Pinko'
Italian fashion house Pinko has appointed singing star Mariah Carey as the new face of its London-inspired fashion brand.
US-born Carey said: "I first discovered this spectacular fashion house while working in Italy…I immediately became a huge fan of the brand, and I bought almost everything in the store.
"So as you can imagine, when I was approached about doing the Pinko campaign I was beyond excited. The clothes are so stylish and fun, and I'm really looking forward to our new venture together."
Pinko president and founder Pietro Negra said the company had searched for "not only a beautiful woman, but a musical artist, because music is the greatest channel of communication".
Previous faces of Pinko include supermodels Elle Macpherson, Eva Herzigova and Naomi Campbell.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar