ITALY: Mariah Carey to be new face of 'Pinko'
Italian fashion house Pinko has appointed singing star Mariah Carey as the new face of its London-inspired fashion brand.
US-born Carey said: "I first discovered this spectacular fashion house while working in Italy…I immediately became a huge fan of the brand, and I bought almost everything in the store.
"So as you can imagine, when I was approached about doing the Pinko campaign I was beyond excited. The clothes are so stylish and fun, and I'm really looking forward to our new venture together."
Pinko president and founder Pietro Negra said the company had searched for "not only a beautiful woman, but a musical artist, because music is the greatest channel of communication".
Previous faces of Pinko include supermodels Elle Macpherson, Eva Herzigova and Naomi Campbell.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022