FINLAND: Marimekko Q1 Profit Soars, Sees Strong FY
Leading Finnish fashion and textile group Marimekko Oyi on Thursday posted a sharp rise in first quarter net profit to 414,000 euros from 53,000 euros in the year-ago period. The Helsinki-based company said in a statement sales for the quarter jumped 27 per cent to 12.1 million euros from 9.5 million euros in the same period of 2002 thanks to strong domestic demand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores