FINLAND: Marimekko targets Japanese expansion
Fashion and textiles company Marimekko said its local distributor in Japan, Look Inc, has opened a new Marimekko concept store in Matsuyama.
The Finnish company said two other concepts will also be set up soon - one in Niigata on 27 February and the other in Kokura on 20 March.
"Marimekko aims to expand its distribution network primarily by increasing the number of concept stores and shop-in-shops. At the moment, there are about 50 concept stores worldwide in addition to Marimekko's own stores. The broadest Marimekko store network abroad is in Japan; there are a total of 18 stores after these openings," a statement by the company said.
Finnish textile and clothing designer is to cut jobs as part of measures to cut costs by EUR1.5m (US$2.1m) after posting a 75% drop in first-half pre-tax profit....
Fashion and textiles company Marimekko has opened new concept stores in Copenhagen and Tokyo....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020