USA: Marisa Christina Q3 Earnings Slide $200,000
Women's and children's apparel maker Marisa Christina Inc has seen its third quarter earnings fall to $1.7 million, compared to $1.9m posted in the same period last year.
The Los Angeles-based label also recorded net sales of $10.3m for the quarter, down from $10.5m in 2002, with gross profit making up 37.9 per cent of that figure.
Operating expenses, however, were down at $2.3m for the quarter, compared to $2.5m for the same period a year earlier.
"The third quarter sales were in line with our projections and so were our planned savings in overhead," chairman Michael Lerner said.
"Unfortunately, our gross margin was adversely affected by an extremely difficult retail environment and a variety of other factors."
Marisa Christina is a designer, manufacturer, sourcer and marketer of higher-end clothing for women and children, including its signature sweater line.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report