US: Marketing posts to help Cherokee brand building
Two former marketing executives from Target and Coach are joining fashion brand owner Cherokee Inc to help build the firms group of brands and boost its global growth.
Sally Mueller will step into the newly created position of chief brand officer and Jamie Curtis is its VP of marketing. Both will be based in Cherokee's new marketing office in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Mueller will be responsible for identifying opportunities for brand acquisitions while furthering the development of Cherokee's new and existing businesses. On the business development front, she is also tasked with enhancing the company's brand visibility.
Her background includes more than 24 years at the Target Corporation - which is licensed to sell the Cherokee brand in the US - where she helped take the company from a regional discount retailer to an internationally recognised global brand.
"I have worked closely with Sally this past year as we have developed the new global vision for our Cherokee brand," says Henry Stupp, CEO of The Cherokee Group. "Hiring someone of Sally's calibre as part of our team signals a new era in Cherokee's long-term commitment and vision for our company."
Curtis, meanwhile, joins the Cherokee Group from Coach Inc, where she most recently served as senior director of collaborations. Prior to this, she worked in the marketing department at Target Corporation.
Curtis will work with Cherokee's senior management to identify and generate new revenue streams for the company's existing and new brand acquisitions.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2012 sales results....
Discount retail giant Target Corporation has joined global brands and retailers including Levi Strauss, H&M, Gucci, Benetton and Esprit in banning the use of sandblasting on all owned-brand and nation...
Discount retail giant Target Corporation has blamed an "intensely promotional holiday season" for a 5.2% drop in fourth quarter profit, but says sales have since picked up....
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis