UK: Marks and Spencer appoints McBrien as multi-channel trading director
Marks and Spencer has confirmed that it has appointed Dominic McBrien as multi-channel trading director.
He joins the company from New Look, where he was e-commerce director.
A spokesperson for the retailer told just-style today (3 October) that he will be responsible for day-to-day multi-channel operations and will report into multi-channel executive director Laura Wade-Gery.
He joins David Walmsley, who was appointed as e-commerce director in July. The company is in the process of developing a new multi-channel platform as part of plans to develop its international e-commerce offer, announcing the appointment of SapientNitro in August.
UK high street retailers have been making a lot of noise of late about increasing their local sourcing. But with the domestic manufacturing sector now just a shadow of its former self, how realistic i...
Clothing retailer SuperGroup has today (20 March) appointed Susanne Given to the newly created role as chief operating officer and Shaun Wills as chief financial officer....
Rising costs and pressure on margins will force women's wear retailers to rethink their pricing and sourcing strategies this year, according to new research, with British manufacturing poised to make ...
New Look confirmed today (2 March) that creative director Barbara Horspool is one of three directors to leave the business, along with head of buying Nicky Wills and head of merchandising David Barton...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019