UK: Marks & Spencer launches plus size range online
Marks and Spencer has launched a range called Plus running from size 20-28
Marks and Spencer has launched a range of women's wear aimed at plus-sized shoppers.
The UK retailer said today (27 October) that the Plus winter collection will be for women sized 20-28, and sold exclusively online. It will include dresses, tops, skirts, trousers, suits, cardigans and coats, with feature fabrics like satin, velvet and sequins.
"There is always the classic black dress but choosing one of the more daring, eye-catching prints can speak volumes about fashion sense and can make you stand out from the crowd," said M&S dresses buyer Danielle Hill. "Red is a key colour featured in prints and solid colours for that wintery feel."
Prices range from GBP9.50 (US$15.30) for a cotton top to GBP89 for a party dress and can be accessed here.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In his fifth, and final, article in a series looking at strategies to succeed in a period of industry decline, David Birnbaum explains why he believes US retailer Gap has been going consistently downh...
Tesco, the UK's largest retailer, today (18 April) revealed that it has been working to improve its clothing offer after it recorded a drop in full-year profit across its UK operations....
Tesco today (18 April) said it would spend GBP1bn (US$1.55bn) in a bid to revitalise its domestic operations as it confirmed that full-year like-for-like sales and profits in the UK have dropped. Neve...
After Marks & Spencer today (17 April) posted a surprise decline in fourth-quarter sales, the industry's reaction to the results was mostly positive - despite the retailer admitting to running out of ...
Top stories on just-style this week included a reality check about uncompetitive China, Marks & Spencer admitting to running short of its best-selling women's wear lines during its fourth-quarter, and...
Efforts to stem job losses in the South African textile and clothing sector have been helped by government support and a union campaign to try to revitalise the country's manufacturing industry....
Denim brand Levi Strauss & Co has today (19 April) appointed Troy Alstead to its board of directors, expanding the board to ten members. ...
Major changes should be made immediately to safeguard the future of organic cotton as production falls, according to sustainability pressure group Textile Exchange (TE)....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022