UK: Marks & Spencer lines up for the Olympic Games
British retailer Marks & Spencer has been chosen to provide the Opening Ceremony parade uniforms and formalwear for Britain's Olympic and Paralympic athletes taking part in the Sydney Olympic Games which start on September 15th.A team of the retailer's tailors is about to tour the country to meet the athletes and team officials and measure them for their outfits which have to be finished and shipped to Australia in June. Athletes have been invited to 12 stores to visit the touring tailoring unit. The two-hour process for each athlete will give Marks & Spencer all the vital statistics it needs to make sure the British teams look like winners from day one - although the actual designs for the official parade uniforms are being kept under wraps until later in the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again