UK: Marks & Spencer lines up for the Olympic Games
British retailer Marks & Spencer has been chosen to provide the Opening Ceremony parade uniforms and formalwear for Britain's Olympic and Paralympic athletes taking part in the Sydney Olympic Games which start on September 15th.A team of the retailer's tailors is about to tour the country to meet the athletes and team officials and measure them for their outfits which have to be finished and shipped to Australia in June. Athletes have been invited to 12 stores to visit the touring tailoring unit. The two-hour process for each athlete will give Marks & Spencer all the vital statistics it needs to make sure the British teams look like winners from day one - although the actual designs for the official parade uniforms are being kept under wraps until later in the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022