UK: Marks & Spencer lines up for the Olympic Games
British retailer Marks & Spencer has been chosen to provide the Opening Ceremony parade uniforms and formalwear for Britain's Olympic and Paralympic athletes taking part in the Sydney Olympic Games which start on September 15th.A team of the retailer's tailors is about to tour the country to meet the athletes and team officials and measure them for their outfits which have to be finished and shipped to Australia in June. Athletes have been invited to 12 stores to visit the touring tailoring unit. The two-hour process for each athlete will give Marks & Spencer all the vital statistics it needs to make sure the British teams look like winners from day one - although the actual designs for the official parade uniforms are being kept under wraps until later in the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022