CHINA: Marks & Spencer "misses targets in China"
Marks & Spencer is allegedly struggling in China amid reports that it is missing its internal sales targets in the country.
The retailer's Chinese sales are said to be 30% lower than internal targets set by executives, The Telegraph claimed.
Earlier this month, the retailer posted worse than expected third quarter sales figures, with general merchandise taking the majority of the hit.
International sales rose 4.1% on a constant currency basi, but, in reality, were flat due to weakness in the euro.
This is the second leak to come out of the retailer this month, with Marks & Spencer forced to release its Christmas trading update early after the results were leaked.
Conspiracy theorists have suggested the leak could be an internal attempt to discredit chief executive Mark Bolland or a rival or potential bidder seeking to destabilise the business.
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Retailer Marks & Spencer has blamed poor weather and promotions after recording its eighth consecutive quarterly decline in like-for-like clothing and general merchandise sales....
Asos executive director of product and trading, Kate Bostock, has resigned from the online retailer after just six months in the role....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report that the former M&S lingerie director could be seeking GBP1m in compensation, the use of virtual 3D design to cut sample production at Ad...
Turkey-based denim manufacturer Isko has invested in "predictive simulation technology" to help improve the uptime and productivity of its weaving machines....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies