TAIWAN: Marks & Spencer to open first store next month
UK retailer Marks & Spencer is opening its first outlet in Taiwan next month, with two more planned by the end of the year according to local media reports.
Marks & Spencer Taiwan is 60% held by the British retailer and 40% by its local partner President Chain Store.
The first Marks & Spencer store will be in the southern port city of Kaohsiung, with two more stores due to open in Taipei by the end of the year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Taiwan’s textile and apparel production has been in steady decline for the past five years, with exports falling 3% between 2002 and 2006. However, trade statistics fail to highlight an important tren...
Brandix Textiles, Sri Lanka's largest woven fabric mill, has got Fairtrade and organic certifications from the Institute for Marketecology (IMO) of Switzerland....
Hennes & Mauritz and Mango are stepping up efforts to become more 'eco friendly' amid similar moves by major rival Inditex and more ambitious initiatives by UK retailers such as Marks & Spencer and Te...
Footwear and accessories maker Lambert Howarth Group has gone into administration after its largest customer, UK retailer Marks & Spencer, pulled out of a long-running supply deal....
Americana Ltd, the lifestyle clothing company which owns the Bench and Hooch brands, has strengthened its board and senior management team in preparation for a global expansion drive....
UK pop group Take That are the new faces of Marks and Spencer's Autograph autumn men's wear range....
There will be no ban on size zero models at this month's London Fashion Week, but there will be no models under the age of 16 on the catwalk, following the release of a much awaited Model Health Inqui...
Marks & Spencer is launching what it claims is the UK's first 'coat hanger amnesty' in a bid to stop almost 100m unwanted hangers going to landfill every year....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective