UK: Marks & Spencer Waits For Official Clearance Over Belgian Stores
Marks & Spencer today said it was waiting for official clearance from the Belgium government over plans to close stores in the country. The Financial Times said the battling retailer appears to have avoided court action over plans to shut up shop in Belgium. But a spokesman from M&S's London office said: "We have always maintained that we have acted within the law and not broken any rules.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs