UK: Marsylka deploys PLM tool to increase efficiency
Lingerie and nightwear manufacturer Marsylka is implementing Visual 2000 International's End-2-End software to help increase operational efficiencies and boost production across the business.
Visual's new V8 software release centralises all product information and processes into a single system allowing management and teams to increase operational efficiencies and streamline design, product development, production, and distribution processes.
In addition to comprehensive PLM and ERP capabilities, Marsylka will benefit from Visual End-2-End financial management, business planning, supply chain management, multi-channel sales and order fulfilment, and other concept-to-consumer fashion software components.
Marsylka director Robert Hainsworth said: "We pride ourselves on working with our customers to produce the perfect collection, whilst taking into account margin and delivery deadlines. We undertook detailed market evaluation to find the most efficient and modern solution to support us, which is Visual 2000.
"We will now be able to connect all departments for total visibility within a ‘one stop application', including all overseas manufacturing facilities which is exactly what we wanted. It's exciting to combine our business growth with new fashion technology."
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Chinese upscale women's fashion brand V·Grass has implemented Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM to improve communication and collaboration within its design, development and manufacturing divisions....
Hosiery and socks supplier Peds Legwear is implementing NGC's fashion PLM platform to streamline productivity as it continues to expand in the US. ...
Spanish designer and manufacturer Victoria Footwear has selected Centric Software to provide its product lifecycle management (PLM) software....
Fabrics and textiles IT specialist Lectra has launched version four of its Lectra Fashion PLM solution, promising to tackle the "growing complexity" of the fashion industry....
Woolworths Australia is replacing multiple legacy systems and spreadsheets with a single PLM platform across all divisions and product categories....
Xperia Solutions has launched a new product lifecycle management (PLM) software suite aimed at helping apparel and footwear firms speed up the product development cycle, lower costs and improve commun...
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015