US: Marty Moran named CEO at Buhler Quality Yarns
Buhler Quality Yarns has named Marty Moran as its new CEO following the retirement of Werner Bieri, who served with the company for nearly 30 years.
Moran joins Buhler after six years as CEO of RadiciSpandex, a division of Italy-based RadiciGroup. His career started in cotton yarn production with Dixie Yarns following graduation from the Textile School at NC State University.
"My goal is to continue this tradition and help guide Buhler Quality Yarns through the many challenges the entire textile industry faces so we will be able to grow and prosper," Moran said.
The company sells various yarns based on extra long staple Supima cotton, functional Supima cotton, organic Pima cotton, MicroModal, MicroTencel and silk blends for both domestic and export markets.
Werner Bieri, who retired earlier this year, first served as a managing director with Switzerland-based parent company Hermann Bühler AG, before taking the helm of the US subsidiary after it was established in 1996.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Mango continues on global growth trajectory
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre