US: Marty Moran named CEO at Buhler Quality Yarns
Buhler Quality Yarns has named Marty Moran as its new CEO following the retirement of Werner Bieri, who served with the company for nearly 30 years.
Moran joins Buhler after six years as CEO of RadiciSpandex, a division of Italy-based RadiciGroup. His career started in cotton yarn production with Dixie Yarns following graduation from the Textile School at NC State University.
"My goal is to continue this tradition and help guide Buhler Quality Yarns through the many challenges the entire textile industry faces so we will be able to grow and prosper," Moran said.
The company sells various yarns based on extra long staple Supima cotton, functional Supima cotton, organic Pima cotton, MicroModal, MicroTencel and silk blends for both domestic and export markets.
Werner Bieri, who retired earlier this year, first served as a managing director with Switzerland-based parent company Hermann Bühler AG, before taking the helm of the US subsidiary after it was established in 1996.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory