US: Marty Moran named CEO at Buhler Quality Yarns
Buhler Quality Yarns has named Marty Moran as its new CEO following the retirement of Werner Bieri, who served with the company for nearly 30 years.
Moran joins Buhler after six years as CEO of RadiciSpandex, a division of Italy-based RadiciGroup. His career started in cotton yarn production with Dixie Yarns following graduation from the Textile School at NC State University.
"My goal is to continue this tradition and help guide Buhler Quality Yarns through the many challenges the entire textile industry faces so we will be able to grow and prosper," Moran said.
The company sells various yarns based on extra long staple Supima cotton, functional Supima cotton, organic Pima cotton, MicroModal, MicroTencel and silk blends for both domestic and export markets.
Werner Bieri, who retired earlier this year, first served as a managing director with Switzerland-based parent company Hermann Bühler AG, before taking the helm of the US subsidiary after it was established in 1996.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)