US: Marty Moran named CEO at Buhler Quality Yarns
Buhler Quality Yarns has named Marty Moran as its new CEO following the retirement of Werner Bieri, who served with the company for nearly 30 years.
Moran joins Buhler after six years as CEO of RadiciSpandex, a division of Italy-based RadiciGroup. His career started in cotton yarn production with Dixie Yarns following graduation from the Textile School at NC State University.
"My goal is to continue this tradition and help guide Buhler Quality Yarns through the many challenges the entire textile industry faces so we will be able to grow and prosper," Moran said.
The company sells various yarns based on extra long staple Supima cotton, functional Supima cotton, organic Pima cotton, MicroModal, MicroTencel and silk blends for both domestic and export markets.
Werner Bieri, who retired earlier this year, first served as a managing director with Switzerland-based parent company Hermann Bühler AG, before taking the helm of the US subsidiary after it was established in 1996.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019