US: Marty Moran named CEO at Buhler Quality Yarns
Buhler Quality Yarns has named Marty Moran as its new CEO following the retirement of Werner Bieri, who served with the company for nearly 30 years.
Moran joins Buhler after six years as CEO of RadiciSpandex, a division of Italy-based RadiciGroup. His career started in cotton yarn production with Dixie Yarns following graduation from the Textile School at NC State University.
"My goal is to continue this tradition and help guide Buhler Quality Yarns through the many challenges the entire textile industry faces so we will be able to grow and prosper," Moran said.
The company sells various yarns based on extra long staple Supima cotton, functional Supima cotton, organic Pima cotton, MicroModal, MicroTencel and silk blends for both domestic and export markets.
Werner Bieri, who retired earlier this year, first served as a managing director with Switzerland-based parent company Hermann Bühler AG, before taking the helm of the US subsidiary after it was established in 1996.
Sectors: Fibres & fabrics
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket