JAPAN: Marufuru Posts Loss As Sales Slump
Casual clothing chain Marufuru Co has posted an unconsolidated first half pre-tax loss of $92,000 after a sharp slump in summer sales ensured it fell way short of its $250,000 profit target. The operator of 32 stores said sales fell eight per cent from the year-ago period to $24.8 million with same-store sales down five per cent and same-store consumer traffic down six per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores