US: Mary-Kate and Ashley to advertise Badgley Mischka
Iconix Brand Group has nabbed actress twins Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen to star in its upcoming advertising campaign for the Badgley Mischka brand, the first time the stars will promote a brand outside of their own empire.
The Olsens, prominent faces on the celebrity circuit, will advertise the brand in fashion magazines such as Vogue, Elle, InStyle and Vanity Fair.
The campaign is the twins' first partnership with a luxury fashion house.
Mary-Kate said: "When I wear Badgley Mischka I feel sexy and feminine… Recently, we attended their fall fashion show. The clothes were glamorous, beautiful, colorful and fun."
Founders Mark Badgley and James Mischka said: "Ashley and Mary-Kate have grown up to become America's young style icons.
"They have an amazing sense of fashion and individuality that intrigued us. Ashley and Mary-Kate reflect the younger, edgier and more sensual glamour that we have incorporated into our latest fall collection."
Creative director Dari Marder added: "The central theme of the campaign was 'modern day Cinderellas.' Creatively, we were all about having the girls look gorgeous and elegant but not perfectly coiffed. It is a looser, more unrefined and approachable glamour."
The bra may appear a modest garment, undercover and appreciated more for its contents than for its structural qualities. Yet behind the lace lies a cut-throat world of takeover bids and high security ...
Lifestyle apparel group VF has experienced sales and earnings increases for both the full-year and fourth quarter of 2005, boosted by sales of outdoor clothing and equipment....
Casual wear giant Gap has appointed former Vanity Fair president Tom Wyatt as president of GapBody. ...
Casual apparel maker VF Corp has reported a 17 per cent hike in third-quarter profit after good growth of outdoor apparel made up for lower sales of jeans brands....
Sew Cal Logo, which supplies apparel for the entertainment business and surf wear brands, has reported an 11.5 per cent rise in private-label business for spring and autumn 2006 compared to last year....
Elastic Fabrics of America (EFA), Dogi International Fabrics of Spain, and MAS Holdings are looking at setting up Sri Lanka's first warp knit fabric manufacturing facility....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020