ITALY: Marzotto Q3 Net Profit Up 42 Per Cent
Italian textiles and clothing maker Marzotto said on Friday that third quarter consolidated net profit rose 41.9 per cent year-on-year to 105bn lire ($46.88m).Group net turnover was up 16.5 per cent to 990bn lire while operating profit rose 41.8 per cent to 221bn lire, the company said in a statement.For the first nine months of 2000, net profit rose 42.1 per cent to 184bn lire on turnover up 12 percent to 2.451 trillion lire. Marzotto said the results were boosted by the contribution from its German clothing unit Hugo Boss.For the full year 2000, Marzotto said that taking into account the seasonal trend of sales and the order portfolio of the various sectors it expected to see a higher percentage rise in turnover than that seen in the nine months period.This trend would confirm already announced forecasts of 2000 group operating profit as a percentage of turnover above the 11.2 per cent posted in 1999.(C) Reuters Limited 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack