ITALY: Marzotto Q3 Net Profit Up 42 Per Cent
Italian textiles and clothing maker Marzotto said on Friday that third quarter consolidated net profit rose 41.9 per cent year-on-year to 105bn lire ($46.88m).Group net turnover was up 16.5 per cent to 990bn lire while operating profit rose 41.8 per cent to 221bn lire, the company said in a statement.For the first nine months of 2000, net profit rose 42.1 per cent to 184bn lire on turnover up 12 percent to 2.451 trillion lire. Marzotto said the results were boosted by the contribution from its German clothing unit Hugo Boss.For the full year 2000, Marzotto said that taking into account the seasonal trend of sales and the order portfolio of the various sectors it expected to see a higher percentage rise in turnover than that seen in the nine months period.This trend would confirm already announced forecasts of 2000 group operating profit as a percentage of turnover above the 11.2 per cent posted in 1999.(C) Reuters Limited 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022