ITALY: Marzotto Q3 Net Profit Up 42 Per Cent
Italian textiles and clothing maker Marzotto said on Friday that third quarter consolidated net profit rose 41.9 per cent year-on-year to 105bn lire ($46.88m).Group net turnover was up 16.5 per cent to 990bn lire while operating profit rose 41.8 per cent to 221bn lire, the company said in a statement.For the first nine months of 2000, net profit rose 42.1 per cent to 184bn lire on turnover up 12 percent to 2.451 trillion lire. Marzotto said the results were boosted by the contribution from its German clothing unit Hugo Boss.For the full year 2000, Marzotto said that taking into account the seasonal trend of sales and the order portfolio of the various sectors it expected to see a higher percentage rise in turnover than that seen in the nine months period.This trend would confirm already announced forecasts of 2000 group operating profit as a percentage of turnover above the 11.2 per cent posted in 1999.(C) Reuters Limited 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022