ITALY: Marzotto takeover on the cards?
Italian textile firm Marzotto has preliminarily agreed to sell an additional 43.39% stake of the company to Wizard SRL, with an acquisition of the remaining shares imminent, local reports said.
Wizard, a private acquisition vehicle owned by Andrea Dona dalle Rosa, will purchase the shares by 30 May, reported Reuters News Agency.
Dona dalle Rosa already holds 24.83% stake in Marzotto, according to the reports, and Wizard SRL will launch a mandatory tender offer for the remaining 31.78% stake at EUR3.99 (US$5.42) per share.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022