SRI LANKA: MAS, Textprint, Estilmar and Dogi form printing JV
The partnership, said MAS Holdings, will result in a modern fabric printing facility that will supply high-quality printed fabric for apparel manufacturers in Sri Lanka and the Indian sub-continent.
The new printing facility will be located in the MAS Fabric Park in Thulhiriya, Sri Lanka, and will cater to the intimate wear, active wear and sportswear segments.
Both conventional and digital printing capabilities for synthetics, viscose, cotton and other fabrics used in swimwear, intimates, leisurewear and active wear will be available at the facility.
The four-way strategic venture, said MAS Holdings, will fill the current gap in demand for synthetic fabric printing in Sri Lanka and will also create new business opportunities in the region's high value fashion business, especially in swimwear.
"Having a world-class print route on the island, combining the industrial expertise of Textprint with the design capabilities of Estilmar, will be an extraordinary boost to the development of the MAS Fabric Park", said Sergi Domenech, group marketing director of Dogi International Fabrics.
Managing director of Textprint, Josep Espigul, said: "My visits to different companies and, above all, my discussions with Mahesh Amalean and his team, led to Textprint wanting to have a presence in the country and to help all we can in the future development of what we are sure will be one of the most important textile centres in South Asia."
By Dilshani Samaraweera.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Sri Lanka’s two largest textile and apparel companies – MAS Holdings and Brandix Lanka – are in the process of setting up textile and apparel parks in India. The moves are part of a long-term strategy...
Sri Lanka's two largest textile and apparel companies - MAS Holdings and Brandix Lanka - are in the process of setting up textile and apparel parks in India. The moves are part of a long-term strategy...
Digital technology is the fastest growing method of printing textiles, according to a report in the latest issue of Textile Outlook International. Between 2000 and 2005 digitally printed textile outpu...
Niki Tait reports on the recent International Textile Institute Conference in Sri Lanka, where around 170 delegates heard research papers from textile and apparel university departments around the wor...
MAS Holdings is to set up a fabric printing facility in Sri Lanka with Textprint of Spain....
Angry workers from Spanish stretch-fabrics maker Dogi have called a 24-hour strike on July 12 to protest against the company's decision to lay off 170 workers - the second such move since January, whe...
Spanish stretch fabrics maker Dogi is to cut 160 jobs in Spain and lower its domestic output by 30% as it continues to streamline its business....
Sri Lanka's MAS Holdings is to start building a 'green plant' in June this year to produce bras for UK retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S)....
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack