CAMBODIA: "Mass fainting" reported at garment plants
A "mass fainting" of garment workers in two Cambodian factories is being investigated by authorities in the country, according to local press.
The incident, involving 800 workers, happened at two plants supplying footwear to sporting goods company Puma, reported Reuters.
Workers at Universal Apparel (Cambodia) Co and Huey Chuen (Cambodia) Corp factories fell ill on Saturday night and Sunday morning, according to the report. It was unclear what caused the fainting.
Spokespeople for German-based Puma were not commenting when contacted by just-style at the time of writing.
Featured reports from just-style's research store include information on the clothing and footwear market in the Asia-Pacific region, the intimate apparel sector, and an in-depth look at whether retai...
Featured research this week includes a look at the luxury goods sector, insight into the latest developments in computer aided design and an analysis of the Australian wool wholesaling sector....
Fast fashion retail giant H&M has become the latest company to win praise from environmental pressure group Greenpeace for pledging to eliminate the use of hazardous chemicals throughout its supply ch...
Puma has launched an eco-friendly version of its suede shoe, which is made using 100% recycled materials....
News that the Vietnamese government plans to increase minimum wages garnered many readers' interest this week, while interest in sustainability continued unabated with Adidas joining Nike and Puma in ...
Sporting goods giant Adidas has become the latest company to win praise from environmental pressure group Greenpeace for pledging to eliminate the release of hazardous chemicals throughout its supply ...
H&M has said that it has not found any plausible causes for a series of mass faintings that have taken place in a Cambodian factory making its clothes....
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket