CAMBODIA: "Mass fainting" reported at garment plants
A "mass fainting" of garment workers in two Cambodian factories is being investigated by authorities in the country, according to local press.
The incident, involving 800 workers, happened at two plants supplying footwear to sporting goods company Puma, reported Reuters.
Workers at Universal Apparel (Cambodia) Co and Huey Chuen (Cambodia) Corp factories fell ill on Saturday night and Sunday morning, according to the report. It was unclear what caused the fainting.
Spokespeople for German-based Puma were not commenting when contacted by just-style at the time of writing.
Featured reports from just-style's research store include information on the clothing and footwear market in the Asia-Pacific region, the intimate apparel sector, and an in-depth look at whether retai...
Featured research this week includes a look at the luxury goods sector, insight into the latest developments in computer aided design and an analysis of the Australian wool wholesaling sector....
Fast fashion retail giant H&M has become the latest company to win praise from environmental pressure group Greenpeace for pledging to eliminate the use of hazardous chemicals throughout its supply ch...
Puma has launched an eco-friendly version of its suede shoe, which is made using 100% recycled materials....
News that the Vietnamese government plans to increase minimum wages garnered many readers' interest this week, while interest in sustainability continued unabated with Adidas joining Nike and Puma in ...
Sporting goods giant Adidas has become the latest company to win praise from environmental pressure group Greenpeace for pledging to eliminate the release of hazardous chemicals throughout its supply ...
H&M has said that it has not found any plausible causes for a series of mass faintings that have taken place in a Cambodian factory making its clothes....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey