USA: Master Entrepreneur Award For Burlington Coat Factory Founder
Burlington Coat Factory's chairman of the board, president and CEO, Monroe G. Milstein was honored with the prestigious Master Entrepreneur Award at the 2000 Greater Philadelphia Entrepreneur Awards. The award was presented to Mr Milstein at a ceremony in the Pennsylvania Convention Center on Friday, June 23, 2000. The Entrepreneur of the Year Awards is sponsored by Ernst and Young. Winners are chosen in eight categories, along with two special awards. Mr Milstein is the first recipient of a Master Entrepreneur Award. Winners of the regional awards are eligible to win the national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Principle-Centered Leadership, presented by Franklin Covey Co. The national award recipient is announced at the Entrepreneur of the Year International Conference in Palm Springs in November. Monroe Milstein opened the first Burlington Coat Factory store in 1972, starting one of the most unique retail operations in the country. The store prospered by selling current fashions at everyday value prices, without the need to stock second quality merchandise. Today, the company owns and operates more than 280 stores in 42 states, all operating under the same fundamentals started by Monroe Milstein in 1972.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022