USA: Master Entrepreneur Award For Burlington Coat Factory Founder
Burlington Coat Factory's chairman of the board, president and CEO, Monroe G. Milstein was honored with the prestigious Master Entrepreneur Award at the 2000 Greater Philadelphia Entrepreneur Awards. The award was presented to Mr Milstein at a ceremony in the Pennsylvania Convention Center on Friday, June 23, 2000. The Entrepreneur of the Year Awards is sponsored by Ernst and Young. Winners are chosen in eight categories, along with two special awards. Mr Milstein is the first recipient of a Master Entrepreneur Award. Winners of the regional awards are eligible to win the national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Principle-Centered Leadership, presented by Franklin Covey Co. The national award recipient is announced at the Entrepreneur of the Year International Conference in Palm Springs in November. Monroe Milstein opened the first Burlington Coat Factory store in 1972, starting one of the most unique retail operations in the country. The store prospered by selling current fashions at everyday value prices, without the need to stock second quality merchandise. Today, the company owns and operates more than 280 stores in 42 states, all operating under the same fundamentals started by Monroe Milstein in 1972.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Nordstrom, Carter's, Kohl's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022