USA: Master Entrepreneur Award For Burlington Coat Factory Founder
Burlington Coat Factory's chairman of the board, president and CEO, Monroe G. Milstein was honored with the prestigious Master Entrepreneur Award at the 2000 Greater Philadelphia Entrepreneur Awards. The award was presented to Mr Milstein at a ceremony in the Pennsylvania Convention Center on Friday, June 23, 2000. The Entrepreneur of the Year Awards is sponsored by Ernst and Young. Winners are chosen in eight categories, along with two special awards. Mr Milstein is the first recipient of a Master Entrepreneur Award. Winners of the regional awards are eligible to win the national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Principle-Centered Leadership, presented by Franklin Covey Co. The national award recipient is announced at the Entrepreneur of the Year International Conference in Palm Springs in November. Monroe Milstein opened the first Burlington Coat Factory store in 1972, starting one of the most unique retail operations in the country. The store prospered by selling current fashions at everyday value prices, without the need to stock second quality merchandise. Today, the company owns and operates more than 280 stores in 42 states, all operating under the same fundamentals started by Monroe Milstein in 1972.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020