UK: Matalan finance director quits
Budget chain Matalan said its finance director Phil Button will leave the company's board on 9 January.
Dutton - previously finance director at Asda - will be succeeded by Euan Imrie, who used to be finance director at Littlewoods Home Shopping. It is not known what Dutton's next move will be.
His exit follows the resignation of chief executive John King, who is moving to department store firm House of Fraser. King is being replaced by ex-Littlewoods chief executive Alistair McGeorge.
UK supermarket groups are honing in on clothing as their secret weapon in the battle to increase sales and market share....
Footwear group Clarks is to phase out its Ravel fashion footwear chain after more than 30 years....
Asda clothing line George has reacted to criticism for selling size-zero by condemning the advertisement of such clothing....
High street shops have enjoyed strong annual growth in sales volumes, with year-on-year increases the highest in almost three years, according to a survey by UK businesses organisation CBI....
The crucial issue of sustainability will be the theme for the ASBCI's Annual Industry Conference and Dinner 2007 next month, with speakers exploring the impact, costs and alternatives to clothing mile...
UK supermarket retailer Asda has shelved a T-shirt deemed offensive to females....
UK supermarket chain Asda has today (26 March) announced a campaign to boost what it describes as a beleaguered British clothing industry - by stocking a range of clothing made exclusively in the UK....
UK value clothing retailer Mkone has pledged to stop sourcing clothes from Burma after an action group threatened to launch a boycott campaign against it....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack