UK: Matalan In Talks Over Job Cuts
Value retail chain Matalan Plc is in discussions over job cuts at its stores and head office as it clamours to cuts costs throughout the business.
According to reports, Matalan said that the eventual figure will depend on the outcome of negotiations with staff.
However, media speculation says that job cuts may be in the hundreds.
The company last month reported spiralling sales in March and April, and warned of a tough full year of trading.
Matalan operates 190 outlets and 17,000 stores.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack