UK: Matalan Names New Head Of Women's Wear
Out-of-town value chain Matalan has snared Geraldine Higgins from high-street retailer Bhs to head its women's wear unit.
Higgins will take on the role in January, taking the place of Jane Hotz, who quit in a voluntary redundancy agreement in August.
Higgins previously worked for Matalan before she took on her current role of senior buyer at Bhs.
Matalan announced in August that it was axing about 300 jobs as part of a cost-cutting scheme.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Retail mogul Philip Green is reportedly in talks over a possible sale of the Bhs clothing chain, but is remaining silent on the issue....
Retail tycoon Philip Green has criticised the stock of his store chain BHS as being 'poor', and 'off the boil' in comments reported yesterday....
High-street mogul Philip Green has given himself a record dividend of £1.2 billion after his fashion group Arcadia reported a modest increase in annual profits....
High-street mogul Philip Green's Bhs chain has admitted a slip in annual sales and profits a day after ex-bid target Marks & Spencer said it was finally on track with recovering its sales....
Supermarket giant Tesco has appointed Terry Green, ex-chief executive of the collapsed Allders chain, as head of its clothing division....
Retailers Marks and Spencer and Bhs are most likely to benefit once Littlewoods Stores no longer has a presence in the UK high street according to new research....
Leading high street retailer Bhs has invested in apparel design software from Tex-Data in its new design studios....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective