UK: Matalan Profits Shoot 30 Per Cent
Leading budget fashion retailer Matalan on Wednesday posted a 30 per cent year-on-year climb in annual profits amid soaring sales and a significant jump in turnover. The out-of-town retailer said pre-tax profits for the year to February 23 rose in line with expectations to £107.6 million from £82.9m in the year-ago period. Turnover rose 45 per cent to £847.4m
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth