UK: Matalan Reports Record Results
Value retailer, Matalan, today reported record results with total sales up 47.4 per cent for the first ten weeks of the current year. Preliminary results for the 52 weeks ended 24th February, reveal that profit before tax was up 53 per cent and turnover was up 35 per cent. Like-for-like sales were also up 21.7 per cent and Easter comparative sales show a like-for-like growth of 15.9 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"