USA: Matalan Signs Deal With JDA Software
Leading budget fashion retailer Matalan and JDA Software Group Inc have signed a deal which will see the UK clothing firm implement JDA Portfolio to improve its supply chain.
Matalan will use JDA's open, client server Portfolio Merchandise Management software, JDA Portfolio Internet Store Portal, Performance Analysis by IDEAS business intelligence software, Advanced Allocation by Arthur and Merchandise Planning by Arthur.
Matalan chief executive Paul Mason said JDA Portfolio will provide the core supply chain functionality needed to build upon its existing store base of around 150 outlets.
"JDA Portfolio offers us a contemporary, integrated solution that we can implement in a modular way, but still align with our two-year timeframe," he said.
"Importantly, JDA's consultants are retail experts who are committed to understanding how our business requirements will be addressed within the Portfolio framework."
JDA is one of three key partners working with Matalan on this expansive supply chain project, the others being Manhattan Associates and Kurt Salmon Associates.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Supply chain planner Manhattan Associates has announced its new supply chain strategies for retailers, claiming it is the only solutions provider to offer the complete footprint for supply chain manag...
Neighbouhood department store Mervyns has selected Manhattan Associates' Integrated Logistics Solutions as part of an IT upgrade....
Sportswear maker Fortune Fashions Industries has signed a deal with Sunrise Technologies for the deployment of Microsoft Dynamics AX (formerly Microsoft Axapta) ERP system and the warehouse outbound s...
Apparel group VF Corporation has chosen Manhattan Associates' warehouse management, labor management and performance management solutions for its outdoor division's newest distribution centre in Visal...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts