Material planning tool bags first Bangladesh business
The Hirdaramani Group has become the first company in Bangladesh to invest in the IntelloCut material planning and optimisation software at its Kenpark and Regency Garments units.
The two manufacturers are implementing the flagship solution from Indian firm ThreadSol to help save fabric costs and reduce the time and labour required for order planning. The wastage in both the facilities has fallen to less than 1%, the software supplier says.
IntelloCut automatically creates a cut order from input data, suggests grouping, allocates rolls and plans remnants, by reducing number of plies, markers, bodies-cut and end-bit wastage.
Kenpark, which is located in the two Export Processing Zones in Chittagong, employs 14,000 workers and supplies customers in markets such as Europe, the UK, US, Australia and Japan. While Regency runs with a capacity of 850,000 pieces a month.
"The software has "reduced our effort by effectively handling multiple fabric groups and planning all end pieces which would otherwise be wasted," explains Suresh De Silva, general manager at Regency.
In its operation of little more than a year, ThreadSol has built a customer base of more than 50 factories in India, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Turkey and Indonesia.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Bangladesh workers call for union registration
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective