USA: Mavi Jeans Names David Frankel President Of US Ops
The New York-based firm said Frankel was most recently president of Free People, a division of Urban Outfitters.
Frankel will replace Ersin Akarlilar who is now its global CEO. He will be responsible for overseeing all sales, marketing and distribution efforts.
"Joining Mavi at this particular moment in its history is a golden opportunity for me to use all of my experience to continue and expand the growth of this exciting brand in the US," he said.
"As Mavi's business has matured and grown throughout North America, Europe and Australia, it has become more important for me to focus on overseeing all of the business," added Akarlilar. "Concurrently, each business requires its own operational head."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022